- Tom has the most tenacious spirit.
He will find a lawyer.
He will not give up.
- All these lawyers think my fate is sealed.
They can think again.
He'll never give in.
Perhaps they know what evidence Lockhart is intending to produce.
Unless he's convinced them not to take my case.
- Then we must delay the trial to give Tom more time to inquire about Lockhart's dealings in Antigua.
If Lockhart's hiding something he's planning to reveal, it will not be the truth.
- He certainly hid his true self from me.
- I swear, we will expose him for what he is.
- If I lose my father's inheritance, I lose my independence, my place in society.
And without that status, how can I hope to find my mother?
- Miss Heywood!
You're still here.
Does this mean you're staying for good?
(footsteps ascending) - Miss Heywood.
Come now, Leo.
Let's leave Miss Heywood in peace.
(gentle tense music) Forgive her for interrupting.
She wasn't expecting to see you.
Clearly can't contain her excitement.
- I'm always happy to see Leo and Augusta.
I still need to apologize on their behalf.
- Then I'll wait.
Good day, ladies.
Enjoy your tea.
(gentle tense music) (gentle tense music)