(gentle music) - Apologies for my intrusion.
- There is a meeting in progress.
- And it requires my participation.
- You presume me to be in my dotage.
I beg to inform you I am not merely ancient, but wise.
- Don't think this is going to help.
- I practiced as a nurse and midwife until I reached my three score years and 10.
But because I wore the habit, my services were not questioned.
Is my colleagues array held in inferior esteem?
- With respect, Sister.
- I hear no respect in your tone.
Only it's obverse.
I took vows that will shape my life until its end.
Nurse Crane did similarly when she qualified.
She has skills, compassion, and dedication precisely because she has lived and worked a full life.
I would also like to refer the learner board to the fact that she is the junior of all of you.
- I will gladly commit to taking as many refresher courses as is necessary.
I am a good midwife but that doesn't mean I can't be a better one.
And I know we do things differently at the Nonnatus House.
because- - Yes you do, and it's gone on far too long.
(gentle music) Nurse Crane, you may continue to practice in your current capacity subject to attending the necessary refresher courses.
Nonnatus House and its eccentricities we will return to in due course.
I will be speaking to Sister Julianne.