- Too often, young women are thought to be strangers to their own minds.
It is left to fathers or uncles to choose the path their lives should take, as if we require saving from ourselves.
- If you've taught me anything, Miss Heywood, it's that a young woman has a right to choose her own destiny.
(gentle music) - It is my honor to welcome you to Sanditon.
Miss Heywood is to be married in a few short weeks.
- But she's not married yet.
(gentle music) - Do you love him?
- Well, forbidden fruit is always the most tempting.
- I need to do whatever I can to protect myself.
- Even if he's unworthy, what she feels for him is real.
- I shall never fall in love, it seems a beastly business.
- It is, Leo, avoid it if you can.
- Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for fireworks.
- Might they not prove a rather combustible mix?
- I feel as if my future is alive with possibilities.
- You will enjoy every moment of it.
- Bravo, Mr. Parker, a Tour de Force, indeed.
(upbeat music) - Miss Heywood, you're still here.
Does this mean you're staying for good?